Established in 1970, Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22nd focusing on “green” awareness and bringing attention to environmental issues around the world. Now coordinated by the Earth Day Network, events are held annually in more than 193 countries! Below you will find some ideas to inspire your own Earth Day celebrations and to help save the planet one bottle at a time!
How YOU can save the planet TODAY!
- Ride your bike to school or work: Ditch the car! Get some exercise while saving the planet one ride at a time!
- Plant a flower or a tree: Give back to our wonderful planet! Not only are you increasing the air quality but also providing food, protection, and a home to the animals and birds that we share this planet with!
- Turn off you lights: Save a little on your electric bill while you are at it!
- Recycle and Reuse: Set up a conveniently located container for recyclables in your apartment
- Save on water: Buy a fun refillable water bottle that you enjoy sipping on!
- Run Full Cycles: Make sure you washer and dishwasher are completely full before cleaning your clothes or dishes!
- Reusable Grocery Bags: Decrease your usage of disposal plastic bags that can cause pollution! It is estimated that Americans use over 100 billion plastic bags a year!
- Enjoy some time outside: Earth Day is also a great reminder of how beautiful and amazing our planet is. Enjoy it! =)